This is cool colored chalk, for sidewalks or anywhere! It washes off with water, too.
Time Required: 15 mins plus drying
Colored Chalk Materials
- 1 cup plaster of Paris
- 1/2 cup cold water
- powdered tempera paint
- candy or popsicle molds
- Combine all ingredients, keeping in mind that the amount of paint used correlates with the intensity of the chalk color.
- Pour the mixture into candy or popsicle molds.
- Let dry.
- Have fun!
Tips for Success
Lining molds with waxed paper will make removal of the chalk easier.
- The chalk works best just after it has dried and is removed from the molds.
- Toilet paper tubes or 5-oz disposable cups may be used as molds.
- Acrylic paint may be used instead of tempera, but may not be non-toxic.