Word search puzzles are a fun way to become comfortable with vocabulary words, plus they hone your brain’s ability to recognize patterns. Browse this collection of free printable science word search puzzles. These puzzles cover all forms of science and also math terms. For all puzzles, words can run horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
Puzzle Download and Printing Instructions
For any puzzle, click the image to view the full-sized puzzle or download the PDF to print a copy. Solved versions are available of all puzzles in both image and PDF formats.
Science History Word Search Puzzles
- Famous Chemists Puzzle – See how many famous chemists you can find.
- Famous Physicists Puzzle – Find notable physicists by their last names.
Chemistry and Periodic Table Word Search Puzzles
- Element Word Search – This mega-puzzle includes all of the elements found on the periodic table. It’s a good puzzle for a timed challenge!
- 118 Element Word Search – This is an updated version of the previous word search to include the four new element names for 113, 115, 117, and 118.
- Nonmetals Word Search – Find the nonmetallic elements of the periodic table.
- Chemistry Glassware Word Search – Find the different types of lab glassware.
- General Chemistry Word Search – This puzzle covers basic chemistry vocabulary terms.
- Chemistry Word Jumble – It’s a jumble puzzle, not a word search, but might be helpful to you.
Biology Word Search Puzzle
- Biology Word Search – Circle the words relating to biology in this educational puzzle.
- Photosynthesis Word Search – This word search puzzle includes terms for the chemicals in photosynthesis and the parts of the plant where the reaction occurs.
- Human Skeleton Word Search – Find the names of the bones of the human body.
- Dinosaur Word Search – Find 30 dinosaur names in this fun prehistoric-themed puzzle.
- Wild Cat Word Search – There’s never enough cats on the internet. Find 24 different wild cat breeds.
- Shark Word Search – Find the names of different types of sharks and learn vocabulary terms relating to these fearsome fish.
- Trees Word Search – Find 30 tree common names. How many have you seen in your yard?
Physics Word Search Puzzle
- Waves Word Search – 30 general terms dealing with waves and wave motion.
- Geometric Optics Word Search – Find 30 vocabulary terms relating to the study of rays of light.
Geology Word Search Puzzle
- Earth Science Puzzle – This word search puzzle includes geology, meteorology, and astronomy or physical science terms.
- Gemstone Word Search – Can you find the 31 gemstones?
- Metal Word Search – Find the names of 24 metals (both elements and alloys).
- Rocks and Minerals Word Search – Embrace your inner rock hound and find the missing 33 rocks and minerals.
- Volcano Word Search – Find the volcano words and learn what they mean using the included glossary.
Astronomy Word Search Puzzle
- Astronomy Word Search Puzzle – See if you can find the 33 space and astronomy terms in this puzzle. The puzzle also includes a glossary, so you can look up and learn unfamiliar words.
- Moon Vocabulary – Find and circle 33 vocabulary words relating to the Moon and get their definitions.
- Constellations Work Search Puzzle – Find the names of 30 constellations.
- Full Moon Names Word Search – Full moons have names too! Find the 30 different full moons in this word search.
- Jupiter’s Moons Word Search – Find the 50 named moons of Jupiter.
- Star Names Word Search – Find 30 different named stars from the night sky.
- 2D and 3D Shapes – This word search lists the names of 2D and and 3D shapes, plus defines them for further study.
Weather Word Search Puzzle
- Weather Word Search Puzzle – See how well you can find types of clouds, precipitation, and other meteorology-related terms.
More Science Word Search Puzzles
- Scientific Disciplines – Find the names of 30 branches of science or “ologies.”
- Scientific Method – Find 30 terms relating to the scientific method.
- SI Units Word Search – These vocabulary words are SI (metric) units.
- Physical Science Word Search – Glossary terms from the study of physical science.
- Natural Disasters Word Search – Hurricanes, volcanoes, and meteors, without all the risk of the actual experience!