Mole day is celebrated every year on October 23 from 6:02 am to 6:02 pm. This holiday honors chemistry’s own measurement unit corresponding to Avogadro’s Number: 6.02 x 1023. You can spend the day learning more about the mole, play a few rounds of “Whack a Mole” or have some guacamole.
Mole Day Puns
What better way to spend Mole Day than sharing a few mole puns with our friend Chemistry Mole.
Mole Day Jokes and Riddles
Yes, there is an entire category of chemistry jokes and puns dedicated to moles.
Q: What did one mole say to the other?
A: We have great chemistry together.
Q: What did Avogadro teach his students in math class?
Q: What kind of test do chemistry students like best?
A: Mole-tiple choice
Q: Why is it bad to tell mole jokes?
A: It’s mole-itically incorrect.
Q: What did the generous mole say when people crashed his party?
A: The mole the merrier
Q: What are mammoles?
A: Four-legged ani-moles
Q: How would you describe a stinky chemist?
Q: What kind of fruit did Avogadro eat in the summer?
Q: Which tooth did Avogadro have pulled?
A: One of his mole-ars
Q: Why does Avogadro like Cindy Crawford?
A: She’s his favorite super-mole-dle (and she has a mole).
Q: How rich is Avogadro?
A: He’s a multi-mole-ionaire.
Q: Why was there only one Avogadro?
A: When they made him, they broke the moled.
Q: What does Avogadro put in his hot chocolate?
Q: What illness kept Avogadro in bed for two months?
Q: What do you get when you have a bunch of moles acting like idiots?
A: A bunch of mole-asses
Funny Mole Day Definitions
Chemistry definitions are no joke, but the Mole Day definitions for made-up words and units are amusing.
- Demoleition: Demoleitions it e destruction moles cause in your yard and chemistry homework if you forget Avogadro’s number.
- Dismole: If you feel sad on Mole Day, then you feel dismole.
- Imoleble: Being imoleble means something is completely unrelated to a mole.
- Mol: The symbol for mole is mol (and that’s not made up).
- Mole-mole: A mole double agent is a mole-mole.
- Molearchy: A molearchy is a government controlled by moles.
- Molebile: When you hang a Mole Day decoration from the ceiling, it’s a molebile.
- Molect: You molect a collection of Mole Day T-shirts, games, and other mole stuff.
- Molectomy: Molectomy is the study of mole anatomy.
- Molehill: A mole hill is a small mound of dirt in your backyard made by burrowing moles. In contrast, a molehill is a large mound of chemistry homework on your desk.
- Moleism: Moleism is the reverence given to moles on Mole Day or on any day by a chemist.
- Molelaberate: You work together or moleaborate on a Mole Day project.
- Moleodic: The sound of Mole Day songs is moleodic.
- Molesquito: The molesquito is a tiny, winged, mole-like creature that drinks the blood of a person who forgets the date of Mole Day.
- Remolte control: A remolte control is a device used to watch television shows about chemistry and moles.
- Remoletly: Having to do with mole, but barely.
- Sophomole: A sophomole is anyone in the 10th grade who is taking chemistry.
- Thermole: A thermole is an adjective describing one mole of an explosive.